I deleted my Youtube account.
- Gone, the small number of videos (only 10).
- Gone, the hundreds of subscribers.
- Gone, all my comments.
- Gone, my subscriptions.
- Gone, some other stuff.
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
Seriously, I doubt the channel will be missed.
I stopped creating new videos a while ago. Why? First, I am lazy, as can be seen by how often I post here (maybe that will change). Second, they changed how videos are monitized. If you have less then a certain number of regular views, you don't get paid. To be honest, while I like sharing a bit, I really liked the revenue, as small as it was.
Questions I have:
- Can I make a new channel in the future?
- Will they pay me the little revenue I have accumulated. It was slightly under the threshold needed to have them pay out.
- Was I just contributing to the huge pile of shit that Youtube has become? Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of good content out there, but most is shit, which apparently appeals to the sheep viewing it. Don't get me started on that.
So it looks like I will be spending more time here. I will try to contribute something useful, not just shit.